12826847

L am registered disabled and receive carers allowance .ln

Customer Question

l am registered disabled and receive carers allowance .ln January 2015 l asked for Council Tax reduction and following a visit l was informed l qualified and received confirmation and was sent a small payment.l then wrote and sent confirmation that l had been registered since 2008 disabled and asked if l could receive back payment.I wrote on 2 further occasions but even though the second letter was recorded still received no response.l then complained to the head of council and shortly after was informed that another inspection was required and following this was informed that l was not entitled.l was told they had lost the report from the first inspection.l then got an immediate demand for repayment or face fines so reluctantly re-payed the demand.l have lodged 3 appeals but each has been turned down using spurious arguments and a freedom of information request shows l am entitled.A further freedom request shows only one person in the last 2 years has been granted this reduction and then had it taken away and that is me.Should l now report this to the European Court or try to find a uk lawyer.l would mention l suffer with Asthma which as you may Know can be stress related.I look forwards to your opinion as to what l should do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry if I am missing the point but what are you hoping to report? You seem to be receiving the reduction?