75100385

An elderly relative has recently agreed to buy a property through

An elderly relative has recently agreed to buy a property through a local estate agent.
The agent recommended a solicitor who would carry out the conveyancing. The relative has asked the solicitor to send any correspondence regarding the purchase to the estate agent so it can be picked up by them
By taking in post on behalf of a client is the estate agent acting within the rule/law?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Yes, there is nothing wrong with the post to have the agent pick up the post or sent there, if the person has asked them to do this.
As long as the person has not been forced to have the post sent there, then there is no issue.
Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?