12826847

I have been working a personal assistant guy that

Customer Question

I have been working for as a personal assistant for a guy that has a few business interests, one of them being in the field of online research chemicals also known as legal highs. My job in this field is just administration on the website, updating information and taking payments for orders etc. (He also has many other websites, that I do a similar job on each.) I have nothing to do with the products that to date are legal, However in light of the recent psycho active substances ban that is due to come in in April this year he is moving the operation to Europe, Spain. If I still work on the site from the UK will I be breaking the law? All personal and products are moving to Spain. So again my imput will just be computer administration and working on the back end of the website.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Will the products be affected by the ban?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is going to be a total UK ban - although the product will be legal in spain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry products
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Jo, I can't see your answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I should add that the products will NOT be sold into the UK or any other countries where they are illegal
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Computer administration is still being concerned with the supply. There is no way around it.The only question really is whether you are offending within the jurisdiction.As long as you are only arranging the supply of a substance that is legal in the relevant country you would not commit an offence.If you are involved, even inadvertently, in the supply in a country where it would offend then there are offences that cover it.The only issue though with websites is that sales online could be in the UK. You would need to be sure there was no prospect of delivery in the UK regularly.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Jo, The website is based in Spain and the products are based in Spain, and they will be distributed throughout Europe, but not to the UK or regions where the products are not legal, The only element in the UK is me. So are you saying by me working for a European website I will still be breaking the law if I do the administration on it from the UK where the actual products are banned?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, that is not what I said.
You would only be involved in an offence if there were an offence. If all that is happening is that there is lawful supply in a country where it is lawful then that is fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I miss understood, Yes makes sense thank you so much for your help Jo.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.