29905560

Can I get any urgent employment law support now?

Customer Question

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have written a (rather long) grievance letter and an employment lawyer reviewed this today and attached the revised letter with some comments (tracked changes and revised structure etc) but she has left for the day and attached the wrong version. I have to email it in before the end of the weekend...and clearly am now in a bit of a state about this :(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Hello Jo - I am Frances!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo, I'm not sure how this works, but I thought I should check if you were still on this 'call'? Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist with your query as it is more my area of law. I understand that you have been issued with the wrong version of a grievance letter by your lawyer, but how can I assist in this case please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have written a (rather long) grievance letter and an employment lawyer reviewed this today and attached the revised letter with some comments (tracked changes and revised structure etc) but she has left for the day and attached the wrong version. I have to email it in before the end of the weekend...and clearly am now in a bit of a state about this :( I really need some help with the letter. Are you able to help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - hello Ben, I am Frances.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Yes I can certainly help but only to an extent of reviewing it and making comments in terms of structure, grammar and similar. As I am not going to be familiar with the background I would not be able to suggest what other inclusions or exclusions to make in terms of content
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 16 pages long...but all the background is in the letter. I can forward the comments from the other lawyer too..which will probably make much more sense to you - I would try and 'carry them out' but I'm really afraid I will just mess it up even more - she had spent all afternoon working on it too.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
ok with such a long document we will have to look at this as an additional service. Basically we are a Q&A site, you can post a question on here and we can discuss your legal position and make suggestions, guide you, etc. However, when it comes to full on editing, drafting, etc then it will not be covered by the basic Q&A format we offer and we will have to take it on as an additional service, which basically means I provide a quote for the work on top of the initial fee and then you decide if you want to go ahead or not. is that ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that's OK. Could you let me know the 'turnaround time' though too - I am really stressed about this and obviously in a state as I have already paid up and not got the output :( But yes, of course I understand. Shall I send through the document then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and let me know if I should send through the other lawyers comments which might also mean far more to you than me!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You say you need to submit it by the end of the weekend, so I presume by Sunday?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, as I am no longer employed after Sunday. But really I would ideally be looking for a turnaround asap - I really thought that I would be in a position this evening to 'battle it out' and make any final changes that were suggested etc and then send it off. I am a single parent so the weekend is...well you can imagine! What might be the soonest? Or do you need to look at the document to make a decision on that?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I will try my best to get it back to you by the end of today - it may not be until late this evening though. You could attach the documents now if you wish, then I can make a more informed decision
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have attached the grievance letter...but please confirm! If so I will attach her notes in the same way.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Yes I got it, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached two more file - one is a letter I previously sent and one contains the other lawyers comments (with a couple of extra points from me at the bottom).
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Proposal made, thanks
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Payment made :)
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** get onto it straight away
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, please find attached file with changes here:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/4hizcv7tsf399oq/Grievance.docx
My initial concern was that the grievance was very heavy on statute references and case law. It is impressive that you have done so much research but in an internal grievance you should try not to overload the employer with so many legal references. I think it is good to put your point across at the start or the end as to what yo believe they have breached but all these references are really something which would be relevant once this goes to tribunal, not in the grievance process. You can of course save these for future reference should you need to use them at tribunal, but in the internal grievance process try not to dilute the real nature of the complaint with over-reliance on laws. So I have trimmed these down a bit. Anyway hope this assist you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben - thank you so much! This looks really good, but for some reason I don't seem to be able to download this - is it possible for you to email me the document?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, could you let me know - if I need to prepare an ET1 do you provide that service too? :)
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully it will work this time. Drafting an ET1 is something I would strongly suggest you use a solicitor in person - whilst I have drafted many ET1s, I have only done so after meeting with my clients in person and discussing the issues and having a good idea of what I will be claiming for. Also you have no legal protection here in terms of negligence (not that I am saying I will be negligent of course but if I miss something out due to not meeting you personally and not understanding everything correctly, then as there was no formal client/solicitor relationship here you would not have any protection, whereas with a formal solicitor engaged by you it would cover you).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I don't know why - it's just not showing it as a 'line and strike' on the download, but don't worry - I can look on the screen. If I do an attachment for the ET1 though (and then I will show a solicitor), do you have a 'template' - it's just that I have only ever done ET3s! For an ET3 I would do an attachment (as the online format loses any actual formatting so it looks awful!) and I do a 'Grounds for Resisting Claim'.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry I had to go offline last night. If it helps I will attach the clean grievance letter, with all changes accepted. Also I have found a couple of ET1s - one for disability discrimination and unfair dismissal and one for whistleblowing and unfair dismissal. They can be a good starting point for you.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
And this one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ben, they look very helpful and I will have a go tomorrow :)
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
No worries, best of luck