75100385

I took my Local Authority to the Small Claims Court because

Customer Question

I took my Local Authority to the Small Claims Court because they ignored five letters over five months and avoided answering twelve questions concerning a planning matter for which I had paid the appropriate fees. Council for the Local Authority, by her own admission, did not consult the personnel against whom my complaint was made and answered none of the questions posed by me during the hearing. The decision went against me and I have been attempting to get a transcript of the hearing and have been kept waiting more than a month for the Judge to release a copy of his judgement. I believe that I have lost the chance of an appeal due to the delay and intend to take the matter up with the Law Society. Is it legitament for the defence to ignore my questions and can Defence Council legitamently represent their client without any consultation.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
Have you lodged the application to appeal before the transcript was approved please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I needed the Judgement to decide whether to appeal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not understand why the Judge has to approve the transcript of his judgment, and wonder whether he has the power to make amendments that are not checked against the recording?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Well you can appeal out of time, given the circumstances. You usually have 21 days from date of judgment to appeal. The defence can ignore questions unless you put them as an official part 18 request. Then if it's ignored you can apply to court to make them answer it.
The council can represent their client department if and only if it's funded by them, Ie social services for example. But you can still appeal out of time.
Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,for your response.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help. To be clear a transcript is always checked by a judge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. Can the judge make any changes to the transcript of his judgement without checking back to the recording. I cannot understand why he has to approve the transcript and has taken so long to deal with this matter.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes the judge can although it's rare. You will not get the recording.