75100385

I just bought over distance(I'm in London, the dealer is outskirts Manchester)

Customer Question

Hello, I just bought over distance(I'm in London, the dealer is outskirts Manchester) a car (from independent BMW dealer) on PCP and part exchanged my old car - the deal being with me not paying any extra money, just £500 holding deposit on credit card (which I believe has not been actually taken). BMW then would use my part exchange car to settle my previous (MBfinance) PCP and then restart a new PCP on the BMW.
can I cancel the deal on the BMW car and get my old car back within 14 days of the BMW being delivered. Sorry if it's sounds silly and overly complex.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was this a new or used car you were buying please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for reply.
It was a used car BMW franchise dealer car.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Yes you have 14 days in which to change your mind or cancel it. If the goods were bespoke then you would not be able to.
However there must be no face to face contact, ie you didnt collect the car. The Regulations do not apply if the consumer and the dealer make no binding agreement until the car is collected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your reply.
Could you simplify this even further - so within these 14 days, If I decide to withdraw I need to: ***** ***** finance, explain, call dealership(?) and at the end - I will get my old car (what if they already sold it?) and reverse back to my MB Finance?
Will I loose £500? Will I have to pay for return l/pick up of old car and new one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ps - what does it mean: "bespoke"?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No you should get everything back.
You may have to pay for the return of the new car and your old car back.
Bespoke, ie extras etc that you requested.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delay.
Thank you Alex. Yes, that's about covers my question. Obviously the BMW dealer will not be happy bunny - is the reason for return: not happy with the ride quality and luck of space good enough reason to give or do I actually have to give them the reason?
Thank you and I shall rate this now.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You dont need to give any reason. Good luck
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/