75100385

Was offered a flat as an decanting park, they shown

was offered a flat as an decanting for clapham park, they shown me the property which needed a lot of work done , ask if they could put in new units yhey said only will mend the broken ones,ask if they can paint the property before ,they say have to apply for grant after i move in ,
my question can they not agree to refurbish the kichen and paint as they said its the only 4 bed flat they have available, this is clapham aprk,metroplitan housing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after waiting over 5 years for transfer also was offered a property but they made an mistake so was pulled from it due to size, i think i should be given and shown a property as it is as to rentable standards, not what it could be , for i dont know exactly what job will be done , and to what standards for me to agree to take the place,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
So to be clear they are only saying they will replace the broken units and you want them to refurbish the whole kitchen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they said they will only fix the broken ones, and not refurbish the whole kitchen unit, and i would like a new kithen unit
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly unless there is anything in the contract there is no legal basis for you to demand a new kitchen. As a Landlord they only have to repair what is broken - nothing more.
The only time they would be required to refurbish are in circumstances for example where an electrician deemed it as dangerous. The other way would be if the Landlord had a policy of refurbishing kitchens say every 20 years.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can they make an offer on a property looking in to a state of repair.or do I have the right to consider after they bring the property into an rentable state
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thinkvits only three offers they make
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Unless its been deemed not habitable to live in or defective as indicated above, then you have to accept it as is. You could get the Council to look and inspect it to give a view.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But if its habitable to live in now.I can delay response after they done all nessary repairs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not ready to live in
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/