How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10537
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

If a Russian woman who lives in Russia wants to move to England

Resolved Question:

If a Russian woman who lives in Russia wants to move to England to stay for 3 months does she have to pay each day she stays in England. I have met someone in Russian and she wants to move here to live with me. Does she have to pay for each day she is stopping in England with me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear Benedict, a woman from Russia coming to England would have to apply for a visitor's visa in order that she could come and stay for three months in the UK. There is an application fee of £85 for this Standard Visitor's visa. It will last for 90 days. AFter this period she will have to return to Russia. However, this is the only fee to which this Russian woman would be subject on coming to the UK. There is no daily fee payable for her living in the UK. She will have to support herself and pay for her own living expenses. However, there is no further fee levied upon her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** reply. Finally, If the said Russian woman chooses to stay in England would she have to marry me inorder for her to get citizenship in England. How long would that take?Thank you Benedict Sampays
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Dear Benedict, the Russian woman would have to marry you and reside in the UK for three years afterwards in order for her to gain UK citizenship at the end of the three year period. Citizenship does not accrue automatically upon marriage. Alternatively, she would have to live in the uK lawfully on a visa for five years plus one more year (six years in all) to qualify on the basis of residency to gain citizenship. Be aware that if you get married to her, this would entitle her to a visa to live and work in the UK, so long as you have an income each year greater than £18,600.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Please Rate the Answer, Benedict, as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert does not get paid for answering your Question.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, One more question referring to question 1 about paying to stay in England each day which you have so kindly informed me is no true. The Russian woman was also told about having to pay each day to stay in this country that the law, referring to Russian law is real and it works because of the foreign policy issues. All this is imposed. Is this all made up?I am very grateful for the advice and it has put me at ease plus I hope the young lady In Russia/