12826847

A friend of mine was banned from Marks & Spencer last week

Customer Question

A friend of mine was banned from Marks & Spencer last week because her child (in a pushchair) had taken a mandarin orange from the shelf. My friend didn't notice this at first. A security guard asked her to pay for it, which she duly did. He then followed her out of the store and told her she was banned and did she understand? (she's Russian, but understands perfectly). He said this very loudly in front of other pedestrians and stood too close to her in a threatening way. It was a very unpleasant incident and felt discriminatory too. She has written to Customer Service twice but each time they uphold the decision of the store.
Is there anything further my friend can do? She isn't keen to have her photo in the local paper!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What are you hoping to achieve?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - What are you hoping to achieve?