12826847

Can a housing association stop a disabled tenant from wearing

Can a housing association stop a disabled tenant from wearing a body camera in communal areas for protection against discrimination
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A brain damaged tenant is suffering verbal abuse from other tenants he has memory damage and wants to wear a camera as his protection/memory/evidence of any difficult situation. the housing association has said if he wears it that will be considered as unacceptable behaviour and could threaten his tennancy
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends what his tenancy agreement says on the point.
In fairness, wearing a body cam in specific areas and not others does carry the implication that the persons around are suspected which is antagonistic. One can see their concern as far as that goes.
The question is whether there is a basis for it. They can't just randomly evict people. They have to show specific breaches.
I have to say that I don't think it would really get over the hurdle of anti social behaviour. They are going to have to show a clearer breach than that.
They may be relying on privacy issues but they cannot just make that up either. They have to show that there are breaches in the agreement.
If they haven't specified then the place to start might be to ask them upon what ground.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** association said it would come under anti social behaviour
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The H/A said it would come under anti social behaviour