12826847

I'm a software developer and I seek legal advice. I have been

Customer Question

I’m a software developer and I seek legal advice. I have been a victim of a London-based recruitment agency. They offered me a contract with a company in Germany starting on 30th November 2015. However the project didn’t start and they asked me to wait until 4th of January. In the meantime I turned down other job offers I had had at that time and remained unemployed until now, waiting for the project to start. At some point I got upset about the situation and it turned out that the project hadn’t been signed off at all, which from my point of view, is unacceptable, unethical and fraudulent. The agency knew I had just moved to London and been unemployed and they misused me this way. Can a recruitment agency really offer a job that doesn’t exist?
In any case I’ll have lost 2 months salaries, be it in the UK or Germany (there the rate was 600 EUR / day ), because finding another job takes time. Also my reputation in London has been damaged, since I refused a great job offer in London because of the fictional project. Now that company won’t talk to me anymore.
Is there anything I can do against the recruitment agency? Thank you for your opinion.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How do you know it doesn't exist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I started booking flights and asking questions about the delay of the project, the recruiter had to come clean. After he described the situation in an upsetting email, he invited me to his office in London and told me, blushing and embarrassed, that the project won't start, because it hadn't been signed off. He hired me for something that wasn't sure. Then he offered me an alternative project which wasn't even in the same country and it wasn't a full time job either. It wasn't at all what we agreed on and what's written in my contract with them. I was supposed to register as freelancer in Germany and work partially there. As a result of his behaviour I was unemployed until the 25th of January, when I finally found a suitable permanent job in London.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you have three uk address please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How is my address related to the problem?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Because you can bring action here. Do you have a UK address please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not giving you my address since I didn't get any help. This looks like a scam to me.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am not asking for YOUR address, I am asking do you have a UK address for the company you worked for.
You dont have to give it to me, I just want to know if you have a UK address for them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I demand a full reimbursement back to my account immediately!