75100385

I started a PPI claim through Claims4you Ltd with Clydesdale

Hi I started a PPI claim through Claims4you Ltd with Clydesdale bank around a year ago and had little to no correspondence from from Claims4you Ltd, i got a letter in September from Clydesdale bank telling me they had received my claim and they would not deal with my third party as they had no authority over my claim, so I contacted Claims4you Ltd and asked them what was going on and the said the authority forms had run out so they would send new ones out, they did and I signed them and sent them back. I then received a letter from Clydesdale bank on 5th January saying they were upholding my claims and the amounts that were due back too me, they also told me that only one of the claims were solely mine and the others were in joint names with my wife, they asked for bank details to pay the money's to and they needed both signatures to deal with our clam, I gave them our joint bank account details. I have now received on payment from the bank in regard to claim solely in my name and the others in joint names are ***** ***** have now had an invoice from Claims4you Ltd for the work they did which was very little but do I need to pay them the full amount on money's received as they have not been asked to deal with my wife's side to the claim and are asking for payment for the full amount returned and my wife didn't have an agreement with them and at no time did they realize this until Clydesdale bank sent the letter. Is it right for me to presume they are only entitled to charge me there fee for money retuned to me only, and the half that is my wife's which they have not had authority or contract with my wife for should not be counted?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Just to confirm your wife was not party to the contract?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is correct my wife isn't part of the contract with claims4 you ltd.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then you dont need to pay. Your wife is not a party to the contract and therefore not bound by it. If your wife isnt bound by it then she does not have to pay. They can not claim fees for anything for a non party.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so does that mean I only pay them for the work carried of on my half of the joint claims and the other one which was solely mine.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Correct.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that makes everything clear. Thanks