75100385

We are an independent carpet retailer and have been trading

Customer Question

We are an independent carpet retailer and have been trading from our present premises for 30 years. We learned a few weeks ago that our landlord has let the empty shop next door to a furniture company and learned this week that this company specialise in carpets.
There is nothing in our lease to specify what we or other traders in this block can or cannot sell.
Do we have any chance of preventing this trader from selling carpets?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Sadly not. Unless the Landlord said he would never let it to anyone who sells carpets, you can't do anything about it. It would only be a term of the contract which you could take action under. As there is nothing in your contract about competing business's then sadly you can't do anything
OI am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.