Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My mother accepted an inheritance from her nephew ,in Germany

My mother accepted an inheritance from her nephew ,in Germany ,who died intestate. The inheritance has not yet been paid out but my mother has now died. What happens to the inheritance . Can it go into my mothers estate. Thankyou
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
As your Mother was alive at the time her nephew died, the monies due to her pass in accordance with her Estate.
Therefore, if your Mother did not leave a Will, these monies to pass equally between you and your siblings, on the basis that her Father dies before your Mother.
If your Mother left a Will, the monies will form part of her Will, and be distributed accordingly.
I hope this clarifies the position to you.
If so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.
Kind Regards
Al