12826847

I was out last night and was caught with a small amount

Customer Question

Hi, I was out last night and was caught with a small amount of MDMA in my pocket. My friend was caught with a bigger amount and was arrested for intent to supply. They let me go home but asked me to go in for a "chat" today at 10pm. I agreed but i don't want to go in at 10pm on a sunday. Do i have to go? And what should i expect.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You don't have to go but if you do not then they will just come and arrest you on another occasion.
Generally speaking it is better to go in by appointment than way to be arrested.
I'm not sure what you mean about what to expect? Do you mean what outcome is likely?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i would like to know what outcome is most likely. And can i not just re-arrange to meet at a later date?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any previous?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
MDMA is a class A drug so they will probably be looking to caution or give you a fixed penalty fine.
If it were cannabis then probably they wouldn't be considering an arrest.
The other alternative is that they want you to give evidence against your friend. I wouldn't make any section 9 statements unless you are prepared to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's a section 9 statement?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
A witness statement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it help me if i made a witness statement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not really. They will offer a caution anyway.The only time it would be worth it is if they agree to take no action against you which isn't likely unless your friend is a prolific dealer that they have been watching for some time.