12826847

I threw my brothers girlfriend out of the house because she

Customer Question

I threw my brothers girlfriend out of the house because she kicked my dog in the face and terrified my other brother to the point of tears. Could I potentially be convicted for assault?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Why did you actually do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Asked her to leave more than once and when she refused, I grabbed her jumper and threw her out. She wasn't hurt and she doesn't live with us either.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That is a common assault.
You could argue that you were entitled to use reasonable force to make her leave given that she had been asked and refused.
That would obviously depend upon whether or not she accepts that she refused to go. In the circumstances, it is quite unlikely she would report this unless she were going to lie as she isn't likely to want to accept that she kicked your dog in the face. Not all witnesses are accurate.