75100385

There. I am about to issue a stat demand in the UK

Customer Question

Hi there. I am about to issue a stat demand in the UK against an individual who owes me a substantial sum of money (50K GBP). The debt is not in dispute as i have a signed contract and email confirmation of such. However, the person whom i am in conflict with is claiming he will launch a counter-claim against me for defamation. This is entirely bogus and has no substance. My question is whether a judge/court would look to overturn the stat demand on his claim? I am led to believe that it would not as the debt owed is not disputed and his accusations of defamation would have to be heard in a different court. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No, the judge won't overturn it on this basis. The test is there a dispute over the debt? If the answer is no then it won't be set aside.
That won't stop this person bringing a defamation claim if they wanted to, which would be in the high court, but it's not relevant to this debt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you need my tel?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
077 64792652 x
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now.