29905560

Morning if a basement has no natural light and no escape except

morning if a basement has no natural light and no escape except for the staircase down to it should staff work down there
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Can you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont understand it said the payment was not taken and asked for me to supply another card which i did and then it wanted me to sign up to a monthly payment which i did not agree to and came out of it. and in lay mans therms the question is straight forward and the answer should be yes they are allowed or no they are not allowed
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I still need some more details, what kind of work is being undertaken there for example?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
jo there will be a member of staff working there doing admin and recruitment is it a place to work in. and is there any rules on where staff are allowed to work
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist with your query as it is more my area of law.
This is dealt with under the Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992. There is no simple yes/no answer as the Regulations can be flexible or open to interpretation. The following may be relevant here:
Regulation 6 requires the provision of suitable and adequate ventilation. This can be either by fresh or purified air. Ventilation is allowed by either windows and other openings or through a mechanical ventilation system.
Regulation 8 requires suitable and sufficient lighting to be provided. This must be by natural light, so far as is reasonably practicable. In other words, whilst it is permitted to use rooms with no natural light, workstations should be so positioned as to make the best possible use of all available natural light. Wherever artificial light is required, a suitable system of emergency lighting must also be installed.
In terms of fire safety, normally, a workplace must have at least two exit routes to permit prompt evacuation of employees and other building occupants during an emergency. However, if the number of employees, the size of the building, its occupancy, or the arrangement of the workplace allows all employees to evacuate safely during an emergency, one exit route is permitted. The requirements for the actual exit route can be found in more detail here:
https://www.osha.gov/OshDoc/data_General_Facts/emergency-exit-routes-factsheet.pdf
Read the carefully and make sure your place adheres to this. If it does, it is entirely possible for it to be left as it is now.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'