Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have an ex client who has decided to stop using my services

hi - i have an ex client who has decided to stop using my services prior to commencement but after signing a contract.
They have no reason for this other than to say that they wished me to transfer a domian name to them, which i offered to do. - but was not a part of the contract.
the contract contains a 3 month break clause and 1 month notice, so i have invoiced them for 4 months money.
if they refuse to pay, whats the best course of action please ?
thanks
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello Adam, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Is this a business to business contract?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Jenny yes it is - my company email marketing now and talkhealth partnershp
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** a straightforward breach of contract issue in that case. If they do not pay you need to send a letter before action stating that you require payment (within 14 days of the date of the letter) or you will bring a claim against them in the county court. If they still do not pay then you can lodge a claim for the amount of money you are owed at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk If you have any further questions please do ask. if I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would kindly take the time to rate my answer thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Jenny ..
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
No problem, all the best with it.