12826847

I have got myself into such a mess. Over the weekend

Customer Question

I have got myself into such a mess.
Over the weekend i had a night out.
I blacked out at some point. Im not sure when.
I was arrested and apparently lashed out at the police. They have given me bail and i am to return to the police on the 23rd feb to find out the outcome. The interviewer listed of numerous things that i had done and listed them as common assault. I have never been in trouble before and this is conpletely out of character to me. I am so worried.
I did not have a solicitor present at the time and i dont remember anything that they said i had done including hitting at poilce and pushing.
I have been told that i will probably end up in court and get a fine.
I dont know what to do. I feel lost. Is there any way these charges will be dropped?
Also, while im on bail will the police trace my tracks on saturday night and look for any other offences that may have happened?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello were you offered a solicitor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i was at interview. I did not get one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didnt get one because i had no idea what had happened and didnt suspect anything serious. When i heard what i had alledgedly done i was godsmacked.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You will almost certainly have admitted the offence then.
There is no prospect of them dropping assaults upon PC. They will pursue those potently even if there isn't an admission in interview.
They are not going to track down other offences though unless evidence of that comes to light.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What could happen to me then? Will i have to go to jail?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not usually but a fine isn't likely if this involves repeated assaults upon police.
I would expect a low level community order.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks for your guidance. All i can do is hope nothing serious comes out of this. Do you think i should get a solicitor?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, absolutely.
It would have been better to have one in police interview.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i ask, am i supposed to plead guilty or not guilty to something i cannot remember?
I really feel so depressed about all this.
I feel as though ive messed up my job as a care assistant and i really want to acheive my nursing degree.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. I am on my way back from court so may not be able to answer you straight away. I will be back later on and won't be too long if you don't mind waiting until then for me to get back to you. Thanks and no need to reply to this message
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You will have to enter a plea at some point.It doesn't really matter whether you can remember it or not. The issue is the strength of the evidence.I'm happy to continue but please rate my answer.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it make any difference that i was diagnosed with PND a year ago and never took medication for it. Instead i got a job and tried to help myself so to speak. Obviously unsuccessfully as my life has now turned into a mess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not looking for an excuse but i feel there must be some underlying issue to make me black out and behave in that manner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, it doesn't really.
Unless you are going to try to argue that you didn't understand your actions which is hard to do.