Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I was contacted by solicitors that my grandfather left me £2000.00

I was contacted by solicitors that my grandfather left me £2000.00 but I have lost the paperwork what can I do?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear Alexandra, If you know the name of the solicitors, then you simply get back in touch with them. The paperwork can be reissued and you can claim your inheritance. Alternatively, if you don't know or remember the name of the firm of solicitors, then simply contact the Probate District registry in Leeds and see which firm of solicitors lodged your grandfather's will for probate. This will be the same firm who contacted you about it. All wills become public documents once they are admitted to probate. so you can simply carry out a search in the District Probate Registry under your grandfather's name.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please Rate the Answer, Alexandra, as unless you Rate the answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.