Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I recently went through a divorce, and the court judge

Customer Question

I recently went through a divorce, and the court judge said that i had to pay my ex partners solicitors cost, however it was documented into the divorce that if i dont pay the solicitors costs then they will charge £3.17 per day in interest until i pay off the amount outstanding.
so does that mean technically i dont have to pay it ever, it will just keep occurring interest until forever.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Yes, interest will continue to accrue, however it would be expected that after a certain amount of time outstanding they will pursue enforcement of the order, for example using a bailiff.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.