75100385

I am applying new passport however my appearance

Customer Question

Hi,I am applying for a new passport however my appearance has changed so much in the last 5 years I have my employer who can counter sign my photo but they are also shocked to see how much of a change there has been. I have lost weight and I am wearing glasses now and I look much much younger. I dont know if the passport will reject it on these basis.Sakir
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sakir,
Unless you have had problems at Passport Control, I would advise you to simply carry on using your current passport until it expires.
There are lots of people whose appearance changes a lot but they do not have issues at passport control.
If you really wish to change your photo, you need to apply for a new passport with a countersigned photo and application form.
All the best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiMy issue is that my passport has been lost and i have taken the photos and they can countersign it but I don't want my employers to have any problems can they write to them or is a countersign photo sufficient enough?Sakir
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Appearances do change. I assume your employer has known for you for 2 years? If so, that is all that is required in order to counter sign.
There should be no issue for you.