12826847

I have been given a summon to appear in court as a witness.

Customer Question

Hi, I have been given a summon to appear in court as a witness. I have withdrawn my statement a day after I made the alleagation. I am looking for legal advice on how best to respond to the questions I am asked in court. Would you be able to help me with this?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello what is the claim for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I made an allegation against my husband that he picked up a knife to assault me
for which he was arrested. I withdrew my allegation the next day but CPS has charged him.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the statement that the police officer took from me when they responded to my 999 call, I also said he tried to hurt me the previous day and put his hands around my throat. He has been charged on these 2 counts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry, am not sure if am doing soemthing wrong. I haven't been getting a response to my question. I would not like to progress with this session. Could you please confirm that I haven't been charged for this session as I haven't received any responses. Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.So you don't need an answer now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's right. I don't need an answer anymore. Thanks!