75100385

I have just written an ebook about general fitness and

I have just written an ebook about general fitness and wondered if there is any legalities would be needed in case someone chose to sue me from using the information I have in the book?
I have added a disclaimer, but have read elsewhere that these are pretty much worthless if a case went to court.
Please advise?
Many thanks,
Stuart
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Does it make any recommendations etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,It has a lot of information about exercises, nutrition, supplements, stretches, etc. Essentially, I am offering information to people to allow them to develop their own exercise and nutrition program, based on their goals.I don't actually recommend anything, but rather suggest which particular exercises, diet, rep ranges, etc would be best for the readers goals.I have attached a copy here, in case it is easier for you to scan through.Many thanks,Stuart
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I have read the disclaimer. That is fine - you are suggesting they consult a Dr etc. So in that case you are not recommending but saying they should go to a GP.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. So does that mean if someone tried to sue me, the disclaimer would offer protection in a court of law?Regards,Stuart
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes it would. Because they can only claim from you if you were negligent. You are not offering recommendations.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does Alex, thank you.I appreciate your time.All the best,Stuart
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help Stuart.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/