12826847

In regards ***** ***** drug allegations there

Customer Question

‘For Jomo1972’.In regards ***** ***** drug allegations there were certain texts which was made in 2011 , 2012 and 2013 can I my solicitors retrieve those texts from the provider..
Also can all facebook and twitter messages be retrieved. Its just that my drug partner is stating that I was the one who influenced him and he is to plead Not Guilty.....However I have texts from him which would contradicts his statement.RegardsGary
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK the person who has been charged with me is blaming me that it's all
My doing however I have texts from him stating the opposite I need texts to be retrieved
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My solicitor has told me to be a witness for the crown however it would be better if I could retrieve texts and FB messages
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
OK
Have you pleaded?
Are they offering to drop against you if you give queen's evidence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No a reduction in sentence
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. If the case is overwhelming then you could take advantage of your position.Whether the texts can be retrieved depends. The answer I have always had from providers is that they don't keep records of incoming messages and calls. In fact, upon deeper investigation that is inaccurate but it certainly is right to say that they don't keep such detailed records. You have to remember that the primary purpose of mobile phone companies is to record what is to be charged not to gather evidence for court. That said, it is quite unlikely that they will have records from 2011 now. They will probably dig their heels in and refuse and he will have to seek an order from the court.Facebook and twitter messages could be retrieved easily enough.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be honest the Twitter messages and FB messages are more important what about emails? Can they be retrieved
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Depends who they are with but generally it is easier to recover things like that than it is to recover texts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok emails from say hotmail to yahoo and hotmail to hotmail and from yahoo to hotmail
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
There shouldn't be any problem with those providers.
If you have deleted them from trash then there may be a need for a court order.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How far back can the retrieve these emails
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends on the provider and on their records.
Generally speaking they are keeping emails even deleted from trash for six years although you do have to put up a fight to get them.
I'm happy to continue but please rate my answer.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't mind paying for this service.....if I received a Twitter message from that person but they deleated their Twitter account or FB account can messages be retrieved??
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Again, it depends.
Certainly there is a good chance. Deleting things does not delete them completely from FB and Twitter but it depends how long ago and whether they have kept the records.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Deleted in May 2013
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It is 50-50 really. It depends whether they still have it. If they do then you can get orders from the court that they disclose but they can only disclose what they have