75100385

I have received a NIP a red light Can I attend

Customer Question

I have received a NIP for jumping a red light Can I attend a course to avoid penalty points added to my licence ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you have any other points on your licence please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none at all
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, it depends on the Police force. You should call your local force or ticket unit and ask. Some do offer it for red light offences, other do not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it is geographical rather than law it seems somewhat unjust
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I agree, but there is no obligation on any Force to offer a diversion. It comes down to funding and economics.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes . Thank You
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/