75100385

I have 2 years worth of books that are 100% accurate, nothing

Customer Question

I have 2 years worth of books that are 100% accurate, nothing prior to this I need to resolve tax issues going back to 2009 what's the best corse of action to resolve this as quick as I can, should I get a legal advice before I approach hmrc? Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The company I work for has moved overy to a cis tax at source system and my utr number is ***** longer valid, since I left employment from a hire company in 2009, I believe the reason for this is I didn't make it known that I was back to being self employed I've since grown up and need to resolve this
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
But your accounts are correct? If you went to an accountant would they confirm this was the case too?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My accounts going back to 2013 are correct I don't have a accountant yet that's on the list to do I'm just really unsure how to go about this and who to contact first
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I would get an accountant to verify the account are correct. I would then get the accountant to got to HMRC and make a disclosure. Then you can do a deal with HMRC to get this matter rectified for you.
But get an accountant to certify and they can contact HMRC to sort this out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's fine thank you for you time, my only concern was which way round to do this thanks again
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Good luck!