75100385

Alex ive recieved a letter a debt collector,its a notice of suspended committal order

hi Alex
ive recieved a letter a debt collector,its a notice of suspended committal order of disobedience.
ive done my own credit check and am squeky clean.
the company they represent i dont think owe money too. how do i check this is a real order? need to ring a court somewhere?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name us Alex and I will help you.
Does it have a Court seal (crown in a circle) or Court name on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Alex
its a letter from a debt collector, Saying that "RE: Suspended Committale for Disobedience". "WFC v P mansfield"
Wants to attend my home on the 27th feb and if i fail they apply for a Order of alternative service.
they want to know my income and other details but dont know that I owe anyone any money as i said done credit checks and clean.Regards
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No, you dont need to worry.
They can NOT send you to prison. In fact the law changed and you can't go to prison for not paying a debt, that was abolished years ago.
I would ignore it and give it to the Police. There would have to be a CCJ, then Court orders. You dont have anything and as such I would ignore and give it to the Police.
Do not worry about it, you can't go to prison for debt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i scan and send you the letter?
i maybe missing somethingregards
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure, scan and attach here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sending
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How to i check on this so called ORDER?regards
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ignore it.
If there is no CCJ there is no Court order.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/