12826847

I am currently on bail small offence which took place

Customer Question

i am currently on bail for a small offence which took place 2 weeks ago, i was was given a bail date of feb9th , 2days ogo i recieved a letter from my housing association informing me that the the date had been changed to 25th and another charge added, i have had no notification from police regarding this matter, have any legal process been broken
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What is the offence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
assault
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
assault on the original charge and a added charge of criminal damage
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Does it involve a neighbour?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The Housing Association are clearly interested in this matter and one can understand why they may be. They do not, however, have the right to start extending your bail.
If you intend to rely on what has been said then I would check it with the OIC as the HA have no right to grant or extend bail.
It might be that they are referring to something entirely different although obviously arising from the same chain of events.
Most of these allegations are made for the purposes of improving upon housing though. The reason people make allegations of low level assault is to jump the housing queue and also to get some attention.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
+the reason im asking advice is Housing association have the right to inform me before the police, i had a letter from Housing on monday stating my bail was changed but i had no idea until i made inquires then police notified me
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
As I have said, they do not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Police have said they were informed first I can't understand it and police have now hit me with a written warning preventing from even speaking on any media sites.community protection notice s43 really do not know what to do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They can inform them if they choose.
I think probably they did so because it has an impact upon tenancy issues and that makes sense.
The housing association can remind you of the new bail date. They cannot just vary police bail though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can police stop me from speaking out on social media with a warning s43, i have held my hands up but my children have been subjected to abuse by these neighbours for 2 years. i have been at an disavantage because i can not provide evidence, so the abuse goes unpunished and the claim they are being targetde despite a 2nd civil injunction on them
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, they could use S43 to stop you doing this. It is not really a good idea anyway.