Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I run a small landscape firm and i have carried out

I run a small landscape firm and i have carried out a maintenance on a 12 month basis for a company in Wolverhampton, this was set up with confirmation via email. I have sent in 2 invoices for work carried out, these have been returned without payment with a letter stating that the company has been sold and they have no record of the contract, do I have the any standing to get the invoices paid in this situation.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. what is the value of the invoices please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
each invoice is £400 +VAT so £800+VAT in total
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** thing I would suggest is that you check on the Companies House website https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/help/welcome for basic details about the company including the current registered address. If the company still exists and has a registered office the fact that they have no record of the work is irrelevant as you will have a evidence in your chain of emails that they asked you to do work. You should then send them a letter before action to ask them to pay you the amounts due under the invoices or you will take them to court. If they fail to pay you can raise a small claim at www.moneyclaim.gov.ukIs there anything else you would like to know? If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would kindly take the time to rate my answer as I am not otherwise paid for the time I have spent working on your question. Thank you and all the best.