12826847

I called the police the other night because my partner and

Customer Question

I called the police the other night because my partner and I was having a row but I only pretended to call them but pressed the call button by mistake anyway cut a long story short they called back and after being on the phone for 20 mins telling them everything was fine I gave them my friends name but a fake address (stupid I know but I panicked) now I feel awful bcoz the police has been trying to find out if the lady is ok the reason I no this is bcause they keep ringing my phone. I'm too scared to tell them it was a mistake and now I'm worried I might get in trouble for wasting police time... I'm worried if I don't tell them there going to find me by my contract telephone number anyway and plus I feel terrible for the lady I didn't even give her correct address apparently they no her and tied her name to her real address (which can I add she don't live there no more) so it really is going to be worrying for the police because they can't get hold of her.... Any advise would be great.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Have you called the police to a personal dispute before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's why I was worried... It was actually quite silly really but it seems to of escalated... The police officer called again at 4.10 am this morning i just told them I wasn't the girl and that's when I think they maybe realised I properly have wasted there time I hung up So my guilty conscience has kicked in now and I feel terrible but the night the police called back I had repeatedly told them everything was fine and It was a silly argument she kept asking for a name I just panicked. I never expected this to happen I thought they would have just left it after they new everything was fine but obviously not...
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So have you done it before?