Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

There, I am engaged to a man who lives in st. lucia.

Customer Question

hello there, I am engaged to a man who lives in st. lucia. if we were to get married how would he be able to join me? are there any options?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear *****antha, can you better explain the situation. Are you a British citizen? What passport do you hold? What passport does your potential fiance in St. Lucia hold? Is you annual income above £18,600? Are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello there, yes I am a British citizen and hold a British passport. He holds a ST. Lucian passport. My annual income is above 18,600. I am currently pregnant.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Firstly, if the child is that of your St Lucian partner, then you can apply for a Family permit for him to join you here in the UK. So long as you can show a subsisting relationship of two years, or an intention to marry and have the child, you can get a family visa for him to come and live and work with you in the UK. It is a pre-requisite of this family visa that your annual income is above £18,600.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. The application fee is £956 and your St Lucian partner will get a decision within 12 weeks. Here is a link to where it sets it out on the UK government website https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview. Your partner may apply online here https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa. Be aware that almost all these applications are granted once they are genuine.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
4. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.