29905560

Stupidly, the carpet vendor persuaded me to pay in full for

Customer Question

Stupidly, the carpet vendor persuaded me to pay in full for carpet, underlay, fitting etc, and I paid by bank transfer NOT credit card.
When the carpet should have arrived when it was unrolled to cut apparently the was a full length flaw so had to be returned. The next time it was cut before they realised it was the wrong carpet!
Now I'm sitting waiting for the fitters to come again, it's 10.45 I expected them 9.30, 10.30 at a push but nothing!
How do I get my money back, cos I'm really irritated now?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How much did you pay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
£2400
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Ben, can't see if anything is happening here!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is adding to my feeling of stupidity cos again I've paid without getting anything. Come on Ben please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am still here but I do have a number of customers I am dealing with so an immediate response is not always possible. Is the vendor a big company or just a small local one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Ben it's just adding to my frustration because as I said I feel stupid enough all ready and I'm going round in circles frm my email to your page etc.
I think a small one, in Radcliffe-on-Trent
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I might go to the shop, I've rung it -no answer, but I can't see that'll I'll be able to keep my irritation quiet! My partner is more measured but she's at work!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. As you did not use a credit card you cannot rely on the credit card company to provide protection so you would need to take the matter into your own hands. Whenever a dispute arises over money owed by one party to another, the debtor can be pursued through the civil courts for recovery of the debt. As legal action should always be seen as a last resort, there are certain actions that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve the courts. It is recommended that the process follows these steps: 1. Reminder letter – if no reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the debtor to voluntarily pay what is due. 2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but these have been ignored, the debtor must be sent a formal letter asking them to repay the debt, or at least make arrangements for its repayment, within a specified period of time. A reasonable period to demand a response by would be 10 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to recover the debt. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action. 3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. Once the claim form is completed it will be sent to the debtor and they will have a limited time to defend it. If they are aware legal proceedings have commenced it could also prompt them to reconsider their position and perhaps force them to contact you to try and resolve this. Whatever correspondence is sent, it is always advisable to keep copies and use recorded delivery so that there is proof of delivery and a paper trail. The court may need to refer to these if it gets that far. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes thank you Ben, got it and have started the emailing of carpet business owner to inform him of what we're doing. After first email, he rang and promised to fit carpet on Monday and promised full refund said he put that in email response. He sent email with date and time but no mention of refund.
Helen.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update. Looks like they are trying to (sort of) resolve matters and hopefully the fact it was not mentioned in the letter would not mean they do not offer a refund, after all they did promise it verbally which should still be binding. Do not hesitate to push them as far as necessary to get the desired result