Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have an outstanding debt from a customer £6,500 incl

I have an outstanding debt from a customer £6,500 incl VAT.
Small amount relates back to 31 March15 but the remainder is from Sept 15 to Jan 16. The debtor has paid variable amounts on account, but since we no longer do work for client he has ceased payment.
What are my options for recovery?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Has the customer given any reason for the refusal to pay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He originally disputed quality of work and suggested to a 15% reduction which I agreed he pay reduced amount now, but disputed the reduction but said that we could discuss reduction later. He said that his cash flow did not allow him to pay now but would pay up to November £4,470 by the end of Jan 16 which he has not done.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok you can now send him a letter before action stating that if he does not pay you the £4470 within 7 days of the date of the letter, you will pursue the claim in the county court for the outstanding amount plus interest and costs. Hopefully that will concentrate his mind and lead to payment. If he fails to pay you can lodge a claim online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. Is there anything further you would like to know? If I have answered your question please remember to rate my answer before leaving the site as I am not otherwise paid by Just Answer for the time I have spent working on your question. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello Phil is there anything further you would like to know?