29905560

Particulars of Claim - evidence

Customer Question

I would be most grateful if you could tell me how do I specifically introduce and refer to attached evidence, for example a letter from the defendant, in a Particulars of Claim? Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. I presume you are not attaching any documents yet, just referring to the existence of the letter in the POC?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ben, I was going to attach the documents to the POC. Would it beneficial to send these documents later and how would I do this please. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
When you complete and submit a particulars of claim you only send that document, without any documentary evidence. The evidence is submitted at a later stage, during a process known as disclosure. You may still refer to specific documents in your OC but only refer to them by name. The specific details of the evidence will be dealt with in your witness statements which will be submitted later n in the claims process. So for example, if you wish to refer to a letter in the POC you simply state ‘in the letter from X dated X‘ (filling out the blanks like name and date). That is all there is to it at this stage. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, all the best