How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70188
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a buy to let property that was turned into

Customer Question

Dear sir I have a buy to let property that was turned into a canabis farm the people who rented the property all live local (their area) after the police had cleared the property the locals let it be known that it is not safe for anyone to take up residency at the property.i am now unable to rent the house for fear of placing anyone in a situation that they should not be placed in.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Jo is there an EU directive (insurance) that would enable myself to free myself from the it stands now I have been paying the mortgage for the last six months unable to repair/rent the property due to the threatening behaviour of the local thugs.thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ps.the property in question is in negative equity.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have loss of rent insurance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately no
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information and the time.
I am sorry but I cannot give you good news then. I’m afraid you are in difficulty here.
that is a problem. There is no way around it. You cannot disrupt a police investigation and clearly the nature and condition of the property is critical in this instance. A cannabis factory can only be shown by reference to the condition of the property.
If you do not have insurance then you cannot rely on that.
You could ask the police if you can recover access to the property. In fairness, the SOCO team would long since have gathered everything and evidence would have been photographed and seized.
If they refuse though then there is not much that can be done beyond a complaint to the IPCC
I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sort of knew I was on a hiding to nothing thanks anyway. Bye
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile

Related Law Questions