75100385

I tried to buy my flat off the council,right to buy in may

Customer Question

hi i tried to buy my flat off the council,right to buy in may 2010,i have put into buy it again as i found out they overpriced it buy about £30 000,they have valued it correctly this time,but i have paid them about £20 000 in rent in the mean time,i was wondering if there was any law which would allow me to reclaim my rent back and get the valuation what it should of been back then,thank you for your time, Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes im prepared to wait as i apprieciate this may be the first time you have come up against a problem like this,i dont have to commit to buying this time till april so i can wait,i just feel the council tried to have me over and feel they should be brought to book on this matter,thanks again for your time, ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to add i have asked for the last valuation and terms and conditions over the phone to which they lied and said they were in archive,i have now wrote to them and asked for them again,it seems like they dont wish to give them to me,,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.To be clear, they offered a price, it was overvalued and you decided to rent in the meantime - is that right?Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi alex was wondering if you had found anything about my question as i have not had a phone call of you yet,many thanks,IAN
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
*********** ,ian
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again for your advice alex,I have now started the ball rolling,i will inform you of the outcome,,many thanks once again,,ian
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Good luck!Alex