Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

We are entering into a tenancy agreement flat

we are entering into a tenancy agreement for a flat on the 19th of March. The time when we can go in is not stated in the agreement. The Agent is telling us the key will only be available from 10h00.
Is this legal? as we are paying for 24 hours of that day but only getting access to it for 14 hours.
thanks in advance
cheers
RC
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
There is no set time for this, and as long as they provide a reasonable time for you to collect it then they have satisfied the requirement to provide you a set of keys for the start of the tenancy. For example, it would be unreasonable to expect them to provide you a key from midnight on 19 March.
Please let me know if you have further questions about this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.