13262538

I have broken up with a 20 year relationship, not married ,

Customer Question

i have broken up with a 20 year relationship, not married , she agreed to move out and is renting a house with our two boys, my partner isnt on the mortgage is in my name only, i placed the house up for sale and i have excepted an offer, i have now received aletter from my partners solicitors asking for some money from the sale, as she has lived in the house in that time she hasnt contrubuted any money in keeping the house, what advice would you give
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old are the chidlren?How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my two boys are 12 years old, i pay £100 pr week, the house has been sold for £290,000, and £62,ooo left on the mortagepeter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
while my partner was living with me she didnt pay for any bills, food, car , holidays, she got about £900 + per month working which she paid her credit cards and some money on the boys.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much does a cheaper two bedroom property in the same school area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
some could be £170,000 plus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she also has our car which is in my name, i pay for the up keep, insurance,mot,
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I would be happy to cal you tomorrow if you would like
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok that will be fine, i will be at home from 6pm
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I will speak to you tomorrow evening then!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't spoken to anyone about my case that has given me any advise , still in the dark.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies there was a problem - I can call in about an hour - will that help?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to call a couple of times - I will call again tonight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I have been moving my furniture out of my house all day to day so I could have missed you.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Shall we try tomorrow night?