How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70209
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I need help from immigration ,criminal ,family law

Customer Question

I need help from immigration ,criminal ,family law Solicters
I got married to my wife (British citizen)on 2012 then year later had my son ,then applied for discretionary leave to remain on 2013 on 10 yrs route from inside uk as it was dangerous for me to apply from my county n got a family in uk
I got visa on 2013 for two years n half expiring next month
Since I got married I have been working hard day n night to provide for my family n my wife took my full salary each month I didn't mind at begging but then it wasn't enough n she wanted me to work harder till March 2015 I refused n said no N that's when she started threating me of calling home office n sending back home n starting shouting n screaming at me
I felt really bad n I hit her she then started to scream loudly asking for help (her maid n friend )withness me slapping her
My son 15 months was watching n crying then vomitd
Then I left house n went out
She then called polic n accused me of rape
N beating n hitting my 15 months son n she also said I threath to kidnap my son n take him abroad ,
Theft ,I was arrested n released on bail n not to contact her or my son
then she got non molestation order Against me
N now she is having prohibited steps order against me in next few weeks
I have got court hearing next month for an assault by beating for my wife n son
I admit slapping my wife twice on face but I never touched my son
Her withness saw me slapping her n told police that
But no one seen me touching my son
I dnaied everything n pleded not guilty
I never had any criminal conviction n this first time
What is going to happen ?(criminal )
Second part
My visa expiring 7/03/16
My court hearing 7/04/16
How can I renew my visa if I'm not allowed to contact my family n had no contact with my son for a year .
I tried to reach out to my ex but she said social services are going to take my son if she have me back after all accusation n lies she made n she tried to retract her statement n told polic she is not attending criminal court .
If I attend family court hearing for probited steps order against me is there any chance I can see my son
I need an immigration n family n criminal advice plz
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You will need to ask separate questions about these matters I'm afraid as they are dissimilar and the same expert will be unable to deal with all of them.
I can help with the criminal matter but not the immigration or family.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes plz,I know it's complected
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
So what is your question about the criminal matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do u think outcomes or what is worst as there's two pending charges against me for my wife n son ,my wife not attending court but one of witness is
She saw me slapping my wife n saw my son vomited only
I didn't hit my son but my wife said I did n there's no witness or evidence do u think I can be charged for that ?
I pleded not guilty to booth of charges?
I tried to detail my problem to give as much information as possible
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Obviously I will not know whether you will be convicted or not.
I would imagine they would summons your wife given the nature of the allegations even she is trying to withdraw.
If there is another witness supporting the allegation then they could carry on with her evidence alone.
if the allegation is slapping then they could charge it either as child cruelty or assault.
If she is making allegations of rape they will not just let her withdraw now that she has wasted public money.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would thy just take my wife word for it n charge me for assult by beating for my son?without proof
What would be sentences for me ?
If thy summons my wife what will happen?Luckley they didn't find enough evidence
To charge me with rape or theft
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They do have proof.
She is making an allegation supported by another.
Sentences depend on the assault alleged by probably a community order.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her witness said she only saw me slapping at my wife n not child ,she saw my son crying n vomiting
Letter from court saying assult by beating x2
What is maxima for that ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Six months custody for common assault.
child cruelty carries a much longer sentence.
Im happy to continue with this but please rate my answer
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will definitely rate ur answers n credit but can u just answer this,with information given till now what is chances conviction against my so as I can bare any thing but can't bare idea of this , They was no visible injuries on booth of them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can u answer my question plz?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what your question is?