Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I received a letter from the official Receiver wanting some

Customer Question

I received a letter from the official Receiver wanting some details from my bank account. (My husband is bankrupt). Am I obliged to respond to the request?
If the answer is yes and I don't respond what can he do?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. Has the OR explained what details he wants - you are obliged to co operate in the sense that if they have clearly explained what they want to see evidence of and it relates to your husbands affairs (or disposal of the same to your bank account). If they are just conducting a fishing exercise to sift through your accounts looking for something, then you do not have to give them any information. If you refuse to respond they could go and get a order to get you to deliver up the information, but they would have to be able to prove to a court that your bank account is relevant to the bankruptcy. Kind regards AJ