12826847

CAN A SHAreholder be proposed vacant position of Director

Customer Question

cAN A SHAreholder be proposed for the vacant position of Director at a General Meeting of the company general meeting. Private company with limited with shares
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello are there any objections to this proposal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not ask anyone, but as the old rule was Extrordinary /Annual General Meeting. before initiating a person, I ask the qustion, it seems simply, and I thought this scheme would give a simple answer. However, I am not sure I should have paid the money as it now gets compliatred. Thanks anyway. Jeanne
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I will look into it for you. May have to get a colleague specialising in company law to get in touch. No need to reply in the meantime, thanks
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist you. Unless there are very clear restriction in the articles of association against this, a director can be appointed at a general meeting by ordinary resolution as long as the general meeting has been validly called - and the person qualifies to be a director (i.e has been proposed by the board or meets any other restrictions contained in the articles).