12826847

I live in South Africa. A claimant in the UK has instituted

Customer Question

I live in South Africa. A claimant in the UK has instituted proceedings against me in the small claims court. He knows that I live in South Africa, yet he had the proceedings served at an address in the UK. I informed him that this was incorrect, yet had a counter claim form sent to me by email to me in South Africa. How do I bring it to the judge's attention that I have not had proper service? Do I fill in the counter claim form and state that I have not had service of the documents, or can I write to County courts business centre and ask them for proper service?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes that is fine. The solicitor must be familiar with litigation in the money claims court. In particular knowledge on how to fill in the correct forms to state my case and the possible consequences thereof in regard to which path I choose to take.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Have you filed a defence yet? Is there any Judgment against you in the UK? Do you have a UK address?Alex