12826847

I got a claim on county court from anglian water amount

Customer Question

I got a claim on county court from anglian water for an amount of 147 i wasnt aware i owe to them. The last bill from them said the requested total is 117 which we paid and now they claim 147 for the perion 1/04/2015 to 1/03/2016. Have they the right to claim in court even though the period isn't finished yet? I still have three weeks to pay. Thanks
Florin
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You seem to accept being in arrears?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They sent a letter for 117.75 which we paid in two installments, £50 and £67.75 respectively.The second payment was through Moorcroft Debt Recovery. The bill stated it is urgent to pay £117.75 not the whole amount. We never been sent a letter to require payment of further outstanding balance of £147.21. Had we known what the full amount was when they passed on to the Moorcroft we would have paid then
Plus the year hasn't finished yet. The particulars of claim states that the amount counts for the period 1/04/2015- 1/03/2016
It isn't March yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why should I pay for the water I haven't used yet in advance? What if I want to pay the full amount just before the end of the year? i.e.29th of february
Why they haven't required the full amount when we last paid to Moorcroft £67.75?
I could send copies of letters if it's of any help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or should I take that as your only answer? It's my first time here so I'm not sure what kind of advice I should get for the £31 I paid
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before I have responded which pushes the question to the back of my list.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry if I am missing the point but surely there are arrears then? I realise that some of it may have gone to debt collectors and that might not be your fault but there are arrears?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none of the letters have asked for any outstanding amounts after we paid the debt collectors who assured us the balance was cleared. The bill wasn't very clear though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we paid the debt collectors and we've never received anything from Anglian Water after that
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
OK. But there are arrears?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Or are there not?