12826847

My brother has closed my deceased mothers accounts stating

Customer Question

My brother has closed my deceased mothers accounts stating he is the only next of kin. She died intestate in 2014. We are both on the form as grant of administrators but it appears that he has been dealing with the estate as soon as she died. How can I see all document proof of my mothers estate - for example a copy of the life insurance policy ? My brother also owes the estate a loan of £70,000, this is on the grant of administration form.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHave Letters of Administration been obtained?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,Yes there is a Grant of Administration where both our names are ***** ***** Administrators.My brother has taken his in inheritance as part of the loan not to be paid back. We are now collecting in assets, upon where I have further discovered his attempt and closure of the accounts. I have made complaints to Lloyds Bank and Scottish Widows and received a minimal amount as compensation for poor service and that they did not check for other children. The solicitor now says my brother needs to confirm these are his instructions to pay me. Is this correct ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Did he claim these monies prior to the Letters of Administration?How much is involved?