75100385

My tenant has erratic payments history with myself ,and after

my tenant has erratic payments history with myself ,and after numerous times trying to contacting them by text and voicemail all ignored as to why she has not paid this months rent , and it looks like she doesnt intend to pay .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.When did they start the tenancy and how far behind are they please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they began last may , and behind with this months rent for febuary .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Over how many months have they been late?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just this months , but erratic payments and non contactable .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
How long was the fixed period of the tenancy? Was it an assured shorthold tenancy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
firstly 6 months then extended to another 12 months which began in november ,the first 6 months were paid in advance may 2015 to nov 2015 then extended in nov 2015 until non 2016
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
assured shorthold tenancy
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. If the rent is 2 months or more late then you can serve a Section 8 notice which is a notice of breach. But it has to be 8 weeks or 2 months overdue. If the breach is not fixed within 2 weeks then you can then do the next step which is to seek a Court possession order.But the tenant must still be 8 weeks or 2 months behind on rent. Until this happens there is sadly nothing you can do.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have i been charged for this information
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I dont know what plan you are on with Justanswer, you would need to check, I can only see the questions.Can I clarify anything else for you?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck and let me know how you get on.AlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/