75100385

We are currently leasing a vehicle which was recalled by the

Customer Question

We are currently leasing a vehicle which was recalled by the dealership for essential repairs (at their cost). Whilst they were undertaking the repairs they emailed us to advise that they felt that other repairs were needed and quoted us £500, the email further advised that if they did not hear from us within 4 days they would presume that we were happy for them to proceed. We called them the same day that we received the email to be told that they had already carried out the works. There is a section in our contract with them that advises that they can carry out works up to the value of £2000 without our authorisation but my question is does the email that they sent which conflicted with this term hold any weight as they have themselves amended the contract in writing by advising that they would not carry out the works without our approval?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.On what basis did they carry out the repairs when they said they wouldn't please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They advised by email of the quote and that we had 4 days to accept it, we called them straight away as the figure was so excessive and they had already carried out the works
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then although their terms say they can carry out the works, you can say that they, as professionals, made representations and as such you relied on them.This means they now cant change their mind about the work, because they gave you a choice.I would pay for the works (the alternative quoted price you have elsewhere) and say you are not going to pay the difference.All they can do is issue a small claim, but given their representations and your reliance upon them, I dont think a claim would succeed.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/