75100385

The Father of a man who had asked and received Commercial,Financial

The Father of a man who had asked and received Commercial,Financial and general business advice refusing to honour an indemnity given to me and my Company for monies owing by his son or his Limited Company for services rendered to him and his Company ( being VAT returns, Corporation Tax returns, Company Annual Returns and all matters concerning the operation of a Limited company. The Father sat in an office and stated that " he would see me alright for the monies owing by his son and /or his Company" Eventually after the son had removed all the monies in his Company for his and his wife's personal expenses I asked the Father for payment of the monies owing. Eventually in a meeting at the beginning of July 2012 he gave a cheque to me made out to me personally for £3000 and stated that is all you are getting- no more! During July 2013 he approached me again and asked me/my company to carry out further work for his son/company and has persistently refused to pay the balances claimed. What do I do now to get my money under his verbal indemnity given numerous times to me ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not payment you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex