12826847

There. My partner's ex was abusive in his past

Customer Question

Hi there. My partner's ex was abusive in his past relationship and ended up in prison for stabbing him. She got out of prison and phoned my now partner. He hung up on her and she phoned the police to say that he had been making threatening phonecalls. Long and short of it he was found guilty without any evidence and now has 100 hrs community service. He now has a different phone and has deleted his Facebook account and her number (I made sure of it. My question is can she get him arrested for making phonecalls even if she doesn't have a number linking him to her ? I'm worried this is going to become a regular event and is really troubling me. My partner looks after my little boy while I am at work and I'm terrified that the police are going to turn up and arrest him while I'm not here then what happens to my boy ? Is there anything I can do to safeguard myself no my partner from these false allegations ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
There must have been some evidence that he had been phoning her?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. He had a phone report stating that he hadn't made any calls and everything. Only thing I can thing of is it was two witnesses against one and it was two females who turned on the water works. Apparently the phone reports weren't good enough as there were no actual call times.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is why I am so scared as they seem to just be able to do whatever they like and get away with it ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, any of us could be subject to a false allegation at any time. It really isn't very difficult to fit people up if a person is intent.There isn't any way of preventing that.Generally speaking though, people don't make random false allegations. What they do is make allegations that are half true and lie on all the important issues.If he has nothing to do with her then it is not likely she would start accusing him of making contact with her. Apart from anything else, she takes the risk that he may have a cast iron alibi which in the end would happen and then she would lose credibility.They won't just arrest him if he has care of a child.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.